Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week One Fun

Week 1 Survived!

My first chemo was the 6th and it went swimmingly. Felt great that day and it kinda slacked off the subsequent mornings. I have been using a 10 point scale rating system to describe my energy and mood. 10 is the best. Today I am a 10. On Saturday and Sunday following chemo I was a 6-7. I felt turned off to food. I normally am one who can eat any time, any where. But on those days I was nauseated by the thought of even snacking on a Reese's peanut butter cup. Come Monday, I went to work and had to leave early after almost passing out in the employee bathroom. Note to self: first 3 days after chemo, do not extend myself. Do not work. Just lay in bed. Sleep and relax. The rest of the week I perked right back up to a 10/10.  Nausea is easily covered by my Zofran prescription.

The only other symptom I've had has added a new medication to my AM routine. Just some CVS brand Colace and you're good to go. That's all I need to say without being graphic. Everybody poops....unless you've had chemo.

So chemo wasn't that bad. Found out I can't drink. Not a drop. Darn. 6 months. I've been saying its like I'm pregnant: morning sickness, swollen ankles and fingers (from the heat/steroid), constipation and no alcohol. At least pregnant women can have one glass. Unfortunately, I don't get a baby either. Well, that's quite ok for now.

The port looks good! Here's a pic of it accessed. It has been healing nicely. I didn't feel them access it the first time because I was still so well covered by the anesthesia medication I received when it was being placed.


Fentanyl and Versed are some delicious drugs. Right after that little sucker was in, I went right over to get mah drugs.
The process itself was quick. I had a carrier fluid and each medication is easy going in. One is a gorgeous red that kind of looks like fruit punch. That one, the adriamycin, turned my pee orange. Total time was around 3 1/2 hours. The chair I sit in was nice and comfy. I just put my feet up the whole time, chatted with my awesome nurse and looked on Pinterest.

So fast forward, one week later, to this past Friday the 13th.  Got my blood checked and my counts look good. WBC @ 3.3. No mouth sores. Hair beginning to thin. Following my labs, I went to meet my wig woman.

Not only am I blessed to have been placed with an awesome oncologist for myself on the first try, but I also have found the best person to help me with this upcoming hair affair. We tried on a bunch of different cuts and colors. We tried cap size and synthetic vs. real hair. Wigs are pretty incredible. The hair is so well styled and all you have to do it pop it on your head. She prepped me for the thinning process and when to know when its time to shave. My girl Sharon at Crowning Alternatives is the bomb. I did purchase a wig....can't wait for everyone to see ;) I will be going to get it this upcoming Thursday the 19th.

Sharon has some kitties. Here's me lovin on a lil man.

Finally the apartment is coming together! Bed is here (Thank you Lord!)


And I am getting used to not using my car. It's pretty awesome.
Went to the Nat's game for the one game they lost vs. the Phillies (promise I'm not intoxicated!)
Had some pretty sick seats. I could practically see the players' pores. I could get used to this DC life style.
Belle is also doing well. Here she is getting all cozy with Walt White as he teaches his class before making Meth....


I finally have internet too so I can blog more regularly. For instance, I was excited to show these pics of my mother and I at the fertility center. I am holding a severely diseased uterus. My mother has a pen which we may have "borrowed" because we were feeling delirious and tired.

Life is good. Impossible is nothing. Probs gonna shave the head pretty soon. I'm so ready to be a rocker chick. I am going to get really really good at eye make-up.



Shout out to Stephanie Allen for mailing me a book to enjoy! I'm loving it so far :) 

Happy belated Birthday to my Papa. I love you Dad! 
Good job Sophia and MRHS for beating GLENELG in FIELD HOCKEY. Boom.

Lots of love, thank you for the continued support everyone. 

XOXO 

SHamilton

2 comments:

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete