Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hair Affair: Gettin Wiggy With It

If there is one thing I am not good at it is updating this blog.
Life is great right now. I have officially finished 3 treatments. 9 more to go!  Chemo infusion days have been moved to Thursdays followed by me going back to the office on Fridays for a shot called Neulasta which helps to stimulate my bone marrow.  Following the first treatment, my white blood cell and granulocyte counts were down in the dumps. The Neulasta has brought all my blood levels back to where they should be.


Each Chemo, my mother, sister and I pick out a stackable ring. Here is my collection so far :)


So the hair started falling right around the second treatment on Sept 20th. It came out in bundles. No clumps like movies depict. It added an extra hour on to my morning routine because I had to clean the shower and wipe down the bathroom floor. There was literally a trail of strands following me around. The sensation of the hair on my body was gross. So without hesitation, after working a night shift, I had some coworkers assist me with cutting my hair. It was styled into a gorgeous mullet.



I came back to the apartment and cried because the realization of what I did hit me. I had tears streaming down my face as I told Christian, "I am so ugly, how will you be able to love me bald?" He hugged me and reassured me that his love is for my soul and it's not going anywhere. Besides, of course I was upset, my haircut wasn't flattering on anyone but rednecks.

So he and I went out and found a barber and shaved it off. IT WAS SO LIBERATING. To all the ladies out there who can never feel a shaved head. You are missing out. I love being bald. Every breeze feels amazing. Getting ready now is devoted to perfecting my make-up. I still can't stop rubbing my head and smiling.



But of course I am not alone in my head trimmings!  Mom and Sophie, you two completely blew me away. I love our shaved do.


So now with being beautifully bald, the wig can make it's debut! Here she is in her box!


And here she is on. The color is amazing. I still need to get comfortable styling but that will take time.  My childhood friend Ashlie Killian (now Mrs. Hall) got married on the 5th and I was able to show off. CONGRATULATIONS ASHLIE! You make a beautiful bride <3 I love you so much!



I am back at work full time and it feels FABULOUS!


This is one reason I adore HKU. Without planning, we show up in the same outfits!  Working with the kids makes me completely forget about my diagnosis and gives me the best escape. I LOVE my coworkers and my job



The apartment is great. Belle is a fabulous mean diva.



I will write soon!

XOXO

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are gorgeous any which way; hair, no hair, wiggin' it! You rock every look! Beautiful as always inside & out! <3 ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete